Friday, December 29, 2017
Winter is here! From half foot snow in Nebraska to 4 inches blankets in Missouri and Michigan. And according to the Weather Chanel, more record-breaking arctic temperatures are coming to stay at least until the New Year, particularly in the Midwest and East Coast.
If you travel through New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and New Jersey be extra careful with keeping distance because of the freezing rain. Many, whom will have their break during the night might face slippery roads in the morning.
HERE ARE 5 GOLDEN RULES, EVERY TRUCK DRIVER SHOULD KEEP IN MIND IN THIS KIND OF HAZARDOUS WEATHER:
1. Be prepared with Tire chain pliers, Liquids/Fluids, Portable Jump Starter and Recovery Strap for Semi Trucks;
2. Complete a Pre-Trip Inspection - Make sure everything is in order. You may also want to double check for a shovel, flashlight, snow plow, GPS and Cell Phone (chargers, etc.)
3. Give yourself plenty of safe space and do not make any sudden, sharp moves.
4. If stranded or stuck, stay in your vehicle - If you get stuck in a severe storm, blizzard, slide off the road, and you can’t see a close place to seek assistance, stay put!
5. Do not assume you are lucky - if the conditions get terrible off the road.
More tips here: Driving Academy
Merx Global is a transportation company with perfect safety record that maintain to stay in the industry for more than 13 years without changing its DOT number. The safety specialist in the company are dedicated to provide every driver with one-on-one training before they hit the road.
Truck driver pays іѕ сhаngіng fаѕtеr than іt has in thrее уеаrѕ, ассоrdіng tо thе National Transportation Inѕtіtutе (NTI), which rесеntlу ...
Volvo VNL 760 Most companies realize that investing in their business is the only way to make progress. Of course, it isn't always...
Shipments prices and drivers pay are increasing in response by Sibila Patsy "The truck is everything to me," said Lincoln ...
Starting April, Merx Global will utilize LoadMaster by McLeod Software, the leading product on the market that supports the dispatch,...